2024 YJA Convention Rules and Regulations
The health, wellness, and safety of all Convention guests is the top priority for Young Jains of America (“YJA”). We have the unique privilege of hosting a wide range of individuals at our event and take great care in fulfilling that responsibility. As a result, we ask all attendees to follow rules to help the Convention Committee ensure that guests of all backgrounds have a great experience.
The purpose of this document is to outline the rules and regulations established to maintain the health, safety, and wellness of all Convention guests. By acknowledging this document, attendees agree to abide by the guidelines set in place by Young Jains of America.
Rules and Regulations
I am a registered attendee for the Sixteenth Biennial Young Jains of America Convention (the “Convention”). I hereby understand and voluntarily agree to be bound by the following official rules and regulations of this Convention, hosted by Young Jains of America (“YJA”). I understand and agree that any violation of any of the rules or regulations listed below will subject me to applicable disciplinary actions as provided. I understand and agree that these rules and regulations have been established in order to provide a safe and enjoyable Convention environment for all, and I agree to abide by them.
- I will provide identification showing that I am in the eligible age range of 14 - 29 for the Convention at registration. Once checked in at the hotel, I will remain on Convention grounds until the end of the event. I understand that if I attempt to falsify government documents, I will be asked to leave the Convention premises.
- I will wear my name badge and wristband in a clearly visible location at all times during the Convention.
- I will attend all mandatory Convention events. If I am unable to attend an event, with the exception of optional events, I will notify a member of the Convention Committee prior to the activity. If I fail to comply with the attendance policy, I understand that the YJA may deny or dismiss me from attending some or all of the remaining Convention events.
- I will arrive promptly at the scheduled start time of each convention event as detailed on my individual schedule (provided during Convention check-in). Late arrivals may disrupt the session and are disrespectful towards the speakers and other fellow attendees.
- I will maintain a respectful and attentive demeanor throughout all Convention events. Disruptive behavior, such as talking loudly, using electronic devices (unless prompted by session lead(s)) in an intrusive manner, or engaging in any activity that distracts from the speaker/vendor, is strictly prohibited and will be addressed accordingly.
- During the Convention, I will dress in accordance with the dress code. I understand that inappropriate attire will not be tolerated and that YJA reserves the right to deny or dismiss me from attending events if my attire does not comply with the dress code.
- I will be in my assigned hotel room by the specified time every night of the Convention and an RA (resident assistant) will conduct checks to make sure of this. I understand that if I roam the hotel premises after that time, I will be subject to disciplinary actions.
- I will not leave the Convention site for any reason without obtaining prior written consent from a member of the Convention Committee. If I wish to go sightseeing and/or visit friends or relatives, I will make advance arrangements to do so prior to, or after the Convention. If I leave the Convention site at any time during the Convention without prior approval, I understand that I will not be allowed to return to the Convention or participate in any further Convention events, I will not receive any refund on my registration fee, and I will be responsible for my own safety and well being. I agree to release the Federation of Jain Associations in North America (“JAINA”), YJA, and any representative of or volunteer for YJA from responsibility for any of my actions. I understand that JAINA, YJA, and any representative of or volunteer for YJA, will not be responsible for my whereabouts, safety, or well-being once I have left the Convention site.
- I will not be in possession of, nor will I consume, any alcohol, tobacco, nicotine, marijuana, or illegal substances at any time during the Convention. Furthermore, I will not be in possession of, nor will I use, vapes, e-cigarettes, or similar devices at any time during the Convention. I understand that any failure on my part to abide by these rules will result in immediate disciplinary actions and may result in expulsion from the Convention.
- I will not cause or incite any violence, physical or otherwise. I will not directly harm, nor encourage another attendee, to harm others in any way. I will not participate in, nor encourage another, to participate in any sexual activity during the Convention. I understand that any violation of these rules will not be tolerated and will result in immediate expulsion from the Convention.
- I will be respectful of all Convention site property, including everything in my hotel room. If I cause any damage, I understand that I (or the parent/legal guardian if under the age of 18) am ultimately responsible. In the event that my room is damaged or there is loss of hotel property from my room and the responsible party cannot be identified, the financial burden will be assigned evenly to the inhabitants of the room in question.
- I understand that though YJA will take all reasonable steps to ensure that I have a safe and enjoyable Convention, I will ultimately be responsible for my actions. I will indemnify and hold harmless and blameless JAINA, YJA, and any representative of or volunteer for YJA from any and all liability from damages, loss, or injuries either to person(s) or property which I may sustain while engaged in any activity conducted by or in connection with the Sixteenth Biennial Young Jains of America Convention.
- I will reimburse and/or indemnify JAINA, YJA, and any representative of or volunteer for YJA for any costs incurred due to claims or litigation arising from any breach, violation or damage incurred by me as a result of any action by me or anyone on my behalf and/ or due to any claims or litigation initiated by me, by my parent or guardian or by anyone on my behalf resulting directly or indirectly from my participation in Convention events.
- I consent to YJA recording and using any film/photo content from the 2024 YJA Convention that I may appear in knowingly or unknowingly. I waive all claims to compensation or royalties. I waive all claims to disapprove or approve the final content created.
- If I am found to be in violation of any of these rules and regulations, I will comply with any and all disciplinary actions and consequences as a result of my action or inaction at my own expense and with no refund of my registration fee or other costs. I further understand that if I am under the age of 18, any financial burdens incurred as a result of disciplinary action will be the responsibility of my parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s).
- I agree to monitor my health prior to attending the Convention. If I am feeling unwell or have an illness leading up to the event, I will alert YJA at email@example.com and work with YJA to ensure the health and safety of all attendees. I understand the registration rules and payment policies. I recognize that the registration fee for the Sixteenth Biennial Convention is non-refundable after May 26, 2024. All cancellations regardless of reasons prior to May 26, 2024 will be entitled to a 50% refund of all collected fee amounts. I also understand that I will be responsible for any wrongful bank fees incurred by YJA due to wrongful disputes with credit card companies or non-sufficient funds checks issued.
- I understand that YJA reserves the right to change Convention programming (sessions, speakers, food menu, etc). I also understand that YJA reserves the right to cancel part, or all, of the Convention programming at any time.
By attending convention you agree to the terms outlined above.