2022 YJA Convention Rules and Regulations
The health, wellness, and safety of all Convention guests is the top priority for Young Jains of America (“YJA”). We have the unique privilege of hosting a wide range of individuals at our event and take great care in fulfilling that responsibility. As a result, we ask all attendees to follow rules to help the Convention Committee ensure that guests of all backgrounds have a great experience.
The purpose of this document is to outline the rules and regulations established to maintain the health, safety, and wellness of all Convention guests. By acknowledging this document, attendees agree to abide by the guidelines set in place by Young Jains of America.
Rules and Regulations
I am a registered attendee for the Fourteenth Biennial Young Jains of America Convention (the “Convention”). I hereby understand and freely and voluntarily agree to be bound by the following official rules and regulations of this Convention, sponsored by Young Jains of America (“YJA”). I understand and agree that any violation of any of the rules or regulations listed below will subject me to applicable disciplinary actions as provided. I understand and agree that these rules and regulations have been established in order to provide a safe and enjoyable convention environment for all, and I agree to abide by them.
- I will provide identification showing that I am in the eligible age range of 14 - 29 for the Convention at registration. Once checked in at the hotel, I will remain on Convention grounds until the end of the event. I understand that if I attempt to falsify government documents, I will be asked to leave the Convention premises.
- I will wear my name badge and wristband in a clearly visible location at all times during the Convention.
- I will attend all Convention events. If I am unable to attend an event, with the exception of optional events, I will notify a member of the Convention Committee prior to the activity. If I fail to comply with the attendance policy, I understand that the YJA may deny or dismiss me from attending some or all of the remaining Convention events.
- During the Convention, I will dress in accordance with the dress code. I understand that inappropriate attire will not be tolerated and that YJA reserves the right to deny or dismiss me from attending events if my attire does not comply with the dress code.
- I will be in my assigned hotel room by the specified time every night of the Convention and that an RA (resident assistant) will conduct checks to make sure of this. I understand that if I choose to roam the hotel premises after that time, I will be subject to disciplinary actions.
- I will not leave the Convention site for any reason without obtaining prior written consent from a member of the Convention Committee. If I wish to go sightseeing and/or visit friends or relatives, I will make advance arrangements prior to or after the Convention. If I leave the Convention site at any time without prior approval, I understand that I will not be allowed to return to the Convention or participate in any further Convention events, I will not receive any refund on my registration fee and I will be responsible for my own safety and well being.I agree to release the Federation of Jain Associations in North America (“JAINA”), YJA, and any representative of or volunteer for YJA from responsibility for any of my actions. I understand that JAINA, YJA, and any representative of or volunteer for YJA will not be responsible for my whereabouts, safety, or well-being once I have left the Convention site.
- I will not be in possession of, nor will I consume, any alcohol, tobacco, nicotine, or illegal substances at any time during the Convention. Furthermore, I will not be in possession of, nor will I use, vapes, juuls, e-cigarettes, or similar devices at any time during the Convention. I understand that any failure on my part to abide by these rules will result in immediate disciplinary actions and may result in expulsion from the Convention.
- I will not cause or incite any violence, physical or otherwise. I will not directly harm nor encourage another attendee to harm others in any way. I will not participate in or encourage another to participate in any sexual activity during the Convention. I understand that any violation of these rules will not be tolerated and will result in immediate expulsion from the Convention.
- I will be respectful of all Convention site property, including everything in my hotel room. If I cause any damage, I understand that I (or the parent/legal guardian if under the age of 18) am ultimately responsible. In the event that my room is damaged or there is loss of hotel property from my room and the responsible party cannot be identified, the financial burden will be assigned evenly to the inhabitants of the room in question.
- I understand that though YJA will take all reasonable steps to ensure that I have a safe and enjoyable Convention, I will ultimately be responsible for my actions. I will indemnify and hold harmless and blameless JAINA, YJA, and any representative of or volunteer for YJA from any and all liability from damages, loss, or injuries either to person(s) or property which I may sustain while engaged in any activity conducted by or in connection with the Fourteenth Biennial Young Jains of America Convention.
- I will reimburse and/or indemnify JAINA, YJA, and any representative of or volunteer for YJA for any costs incurred due to claims or litigation arising from any breach, violation or damage incurred by me as a result of any action by me or anyone on my behalf and/ or due to any claims or litigation initiated by me, by my parent or guardian or by anyone on my behalf resulting directly or indirectly from my participation in Convention events.
- I consent to YJA recording and using any film/photo content from the 2022 YJA Convention that I may appear in knowingly or unknowingly. I waive all claims to compensation or royalties. I waive all claims to disapprove or approve the final content created.
- If I am found to be in violation of any of these rules and regulations, I will comply with any and all disciplinary actions and consequences as a result of my action or inaction at my own expense and with no refund of my registration fee or other costs. I further understand that if I am under the age of 18, any financial burdens incurred as a result of disciplinary action will be the responsibility of my parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s).
- I will email [email protected] if I test positive for COVID-19 within 10 days of the Convention and may be entitled to a refund. I understand that if I do not send an email and test positive at the Convention site, I will be asked to quarantine and will not receive a refund.
- I will refrain from harassment of any kind, including but not limited to verbal, non-verbal, physical, and sexual harassment, acknowledging that the violation of this rule may result in explusion from the Convention and future YJA events, an education plan, and/or legal intervention.
- I will refrain from discrimination of any kind, including discrimination related to a person's race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, or otherwise. I acknowledge that violation of this rule may result in expulsion from the Convention and future YJA events, an education plan, and/or legal intervention.
- I understand the registration rules and payment policies. I recognize that the registration fee for the Fourteenth Biennial Convention is non-refundable after May 23, 2022. All cancellations regardless of reasons prior to May 22, 2022 will be entitled to a 50% refund of all collected fee amounts. I understand that the registration fee changes and will have to pay the respective fee when I make my payment. I also understand that I will be responsible for any wrongful bank fees incurred by YJA due to wrongful disputes with credit card companies or non-sufficient funds checks issued.
- I understand that YJA reserves the right to change Convention programming (sessions, speakers, food menu, etc). I also understand that YJA reserves the right to cancel part of or all of the Convention programming at any time.
By attending convention you agree to the terms outlined above.