Volunteers are an integral part of making the 2020 YJA Convention a success. As an adult volunteer, you will play a vital role at Convention while enjoying special events, like daytime sessions and activities, volunteer-only souvenirs, and meeting other volunteers from around the country. Volunteer shifts run from 8 AM on Thursday, July 2nd to 9 PM on Sunday, July 5th. We need most volunteers on Friday and Saturday (July 3rd/4th) of the Convention.
Volunteer jobs include:
- Security: Help manage crowd flows, baggage check, and traffic during registration; partner with external security team to ensure Convention rules are followed (requires long periods of standing/sitting)
- Registration: Assist the Registration Committee check attendees in on the first day by providing wristbands and badges to attendees
- Hospitality: Prepare, distribute and transport food, and assist with other food logistics
- Travel: Assist attendees and speakers with reaching the hotel from major airports (requires long periods of standing/sitting and making frequent trips from airport to Convention hotel on our shuttles)
- Decorations: Assist setting up decorations in hotel for social events (may require heavy lifting, standing on ladders, and/or reaching heights)
- Speaker Liason: Assist speakers with directions, providing items they may require, and/or assist them with sessions
- On-site Doctor: License and/or Certification Required
- Dignatary Liason: Accommodate dignitaries' needs and assist them throughout the Convention
- Airport Duty: Assist attendees and speakers with reaching the hotel from major airports (requires long periods of standing/sitting and providing transportation from airport to convention hotel)
- Photography/Videography: Use your own equipment to record sessions and events as needed
- General Assistance: Provide help wherever necessary
If you are over the age of 35 and are interested, please fill out this form so that we may reach out to you.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email [email protected].
Thank you so much for your interest and help in advance - we look forward to working with you towards making this Convention an amazing experience for our attendees!